Playing around with my new remote control for my camera. This trick is pretty easy to do:
- Put camera on tripod and don't touch it
- Turn off autofocus, select a smaller aperture (higher f-stop number), and manually focus on something about 1/3 of the way into the scene. This helps give you a large depth of field so more of the scene is in focus.
- Use remote or self-timer to take three different shots (try not to block light sources like windows or lamps)
- Put the three shots as three layers in one image using Photoshop
- Erase the parts of the top two layers so that the desired parts of the shots underneath show through
- Flatten and save
What I'd really like to do is get several shots of Sam playing on her swingset, preferably in different sets of clothes, so that I can put together a multi-Sam montage. That's my next project.