A couple of weeks ago I found myself wandering through one of those stores that sells all kinds of novelty tee shirts with pithy, snarky, rude, and otherwise clever sayings. Silly stuff like “I’m with Stupid” or “Bikini Inspector.” And I got to thinking that there’s a market here that’s not being served. Where are the novelty tee shirts for Industrial/Organizational Psychologists? It’s a wonder we bother to get dressed at all!
To remedy this, I came up with a list of slogans suitable for tee shirts or maybe the occasional bumper sticker.
Shirts for Everyone
- I’m with low g →
- I neither agree nor disagree
- Subject matter expert
- Meta analytic evidence suggests that you should just shut up
- Low emotional stability
- You’ve got a criterion problem
- More research is required
- BFOQ SME ADA CRA EEOC WTF?
- Mom says I’m a Type II Error
- I cause adverse impact
Snarky Shirts for Single Women Out at Bars
- Your confidence interval is too wide
- You have a skills gap
- “Stupid” seems to be one of your core competencies
- Sorry, that position has been filled and I’m not recruiting at this time
Snarky Shirts for Single Men Out at Bars
- Beer: increasing measurement error since 1935
- Rejected like H0
- Unit weighted
- I have high reliability
Shirts for Babies
- p > .05 …MUCH greater
- I’m significant at alpha = .05
- Corrected for shrinkage
Now, if you laughed at any of those, congratulations –you’re a dork! Join the club and feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments section.